About me

An asthetics fanatic hoping to become one of the most successful and creatively dynamic costume designers of my age. Basically... I like things that look awesome.

Thursday 16 December 2010

what I like

I've messed up this blog already. I keep coming on here to tell the internet world about something that has moved me but then I rambling about myself- and I'd like to keep monitoring my progress in 'getting what I want'- but I would also like to talk about some awsome stuff.


One thing I have to talk is Misfits [No not that band] the E4 programme. I love things that are well thought out. The colour pallet is always exquist, the storylines always unpredictable and the acting is unnecessarily good for, what I reckon, E4 believed would be a time filler. If the channel wanted to axe this after one season, then they definatly shouldn't have hired Iwan Rheon who I must say is my new favourite actor- and why?:


When the audience and I first meet the character of Simon, I see he is edgy, unconfident and as the misfits probably put it, very wierd. 


FAST FORWARD to
 [Alisha slowly approaches the shower. Blur of a man inside the unit. Future simon looks over his shoulder to camera]



How did I miss that. Since when has acting blinded me so much that I hadn't realised how attractive Rheon is? I know I'm subjectable but I'm not blind. I know it sounds small. But it's things like that which make a show successful- great acting, buttoned up shirts, suffocated hair and pale makeup made me completely believe in the character of Simon as unexperienced, unpopular and timid. So much so that the audience (and definatly me) were with Alisha in every character emotion of shock, attraction and eventually mourning - and thats exactly where you want your audience to be- right there with you. It is successes like that which you can gain big numbers. Now me and the rest of the viewers are sucked in; the creative team can take us anywhere on that emotional rollercoaster that is the reason for Art itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment