About me

An asthetics fanatic hoping to become one of the most successful and creatively dynamic costume designers of my age. Basically... I like things that look awesome.

Saturday 25 December 2010

A little bit of Photography




Photo by: David Bailey
[Fair use: Criticism and Scholarship]
 I found a piece of the Vogue article that inspired this post. It included some of the picture seen above. This particular picture of Francis Bacon by David Bailey is in a folder I like to keep of interesting things I find.

Saying I like David Bailey is a bit like saying I like John Galliano. Completely predictable. But there are reasons for this. The universal recognition of talent is one of them.

Although I'm pretty sure that monochrome is the most overused function in amature photography. I know this because this is me. It's so easy to just push that button and become a genius. I suppose its like dressing in black. If you dont have to worry about colour then your half way there.

I do hate it though. Photography is light and colour is light. I will try not to do it often.

The one exeption is portrait photography. Theres something stunning about these photos as it makes you look at the person a little closer; its not just Johnny Depp its a beautiful Photograph of Johnny Depp.


I'd rather not become a photographer. I just want to to capture some beautiful things.
Not me, just beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment