About me

An asthetics fanatic hoping to become one of the most successful and creatively dynamic costume designers of my age. Basically... I like things that look awesome.

Wednesday 15 December 2010

My dad always told me, 'money is like a slippery slope, its so hard to climb up that slope and earn that money but so easy to come crashing down.' I think thats true of most things in life: moving forward is so much easier than backward. I sometimes think that of the future: it is hard to believe you can be somewhere better, even when you've achieved so much in the past.

Film seems to be a good example of this. There are so many directors that will tell you they had no idea their film was going to be a hit. At the end of the day I think you just have to stay true to your art and yourself and know that either way you did the right thing for you.  

I know where I want to be. Designing costume for film. I love the way that its such an integral part of the viewers experience without them even knowing. I watched a documentary on film  in which the interviewee was describing the camerawork. The push pull focus, the close ups the cranework all which he announced that, if you noticed these techniques, then he wasn't doing his job properly. I found that amazing. To think that your part in film can be so perfectly well done, that it is hardly noticed.

I think that true beauty is when you look at something and go wow, while not knowing why. I feel it is like falling in love: many perfect links syncing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment